Thursday, August 22, 2013

Meatless Friday: Hearty Crock Pot Potato Soup

It's been a while since I added any recipes so I'd like to share another contender for meatless Fridays. We all know how difficult it can be to maintain this penitential practice and yet offer variety, so I created this recipe and tried it out on my son and daughter this week. This crock pot recipe can be prepared ahead of time, yet accommodate busy families with varied schedules and eating times. Give it a try and let me know what you think. FYI, I have submitted this original recipe to AllRecipes (dot) com. If you really like it you might leave me some ratings love as I wait for the test kitchen to give it a try.

  • ½ gallon milk
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1 can crème of celery soup
  • 1 c sour cream
  • 2/3 c shredded cheddar
  • ½ cup chopped carrots
  • ½ stalk celery
  • 1 medium onion
  • 2 t minced garlic
  • 1 c potato flakes
  • 5 medium potatoes
  • Lawry’s salt and pepper to taste

Fresh, chopped chives and extra shredded cheese for garnish (optional)

Pour milk into crock pot, set to high. Chop celery and onion finely and add. Add all other ingredients except potato flakes and potatoes. Bake potatoes at 350 for 1 hour and then coarsely chop. Add to crock pot along with potato flakes and stir thoroughly. Allow to simmer in crock pot for at least 2 more hours, stirring occasionally. Set to warm and serve as desired.

If you would like to add dessert to your menu, might I suggest my Easy Blackberry Cobbler, that recipe has been approved and can be found here or on this blog here. Again, ratings love would be much appreciated. Bon Appetit!

More recipes on Designs by Birgit:

Moses Basket Breakfast
Low Carb Broccoli Salad
Meatless Fridays: Garlic Alfredo Shrimp
Zesty Coleslaw for Barbecue
Meatless Pierogies Stroganoff
Crock Pot: Pork Cacciatore
Easy Pizza Pockets

 photo 9c2d3d39-9e5d-4351-b060-d6251ee13eaa_zpseda17cd5.jpg Also linked at a recipe share at Home to 4 Kiddos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!