Friday, July 6, 2012

Meatless Fridays: Garlic Alfredo Shrimp

My husband and I have recently taken a low carb direction with our foods. This lifestyle change has been difficult for me because I'll admit that I am a carba-o-holic. After impressive results (12 lbs lost in less than 4 weeks) we are both nicely settled in for the long haul. Since we love to cook, we simply refocused our attempts. Below you will find one such recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Garlic Alfredo Shrimp  
Ingredients:

2 T butter
1 1/2 c heavy cream
3/4 c grated Parmesan
1/4 t minced garlic
1/4 t basil
1/8 t ground black pepper
1/8 t ground nutmeg
1 bag frozen salad shrimp

Melt butter and stir in heavy cream. Stirring well, allow sauce to reduce until slightly thickened. Add grated Parmesan and spices. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce has the desired consistency.

Combine shrimp with sauce and serve immediately. Broccoli goes well with this dish and extra sauce can give it a bit of zip as well.

1/6th of the sauce contains 2 grams of carbohydrates and works well with a low carb diet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!