Friday, March 16, 2012

Meatless Fridays: Quick 3 Ingredient Meal

Hmmmm...it's Friday and the troops are hungry, but I've simply been too busy to worry about that...

...that is until the rumbling bellies distracted me from other matters!

I need a quick solution and have three ingredients:
  • Frozen ravioli - generic from Walmart
  • Pasta sauce - large from Sam's
  • Parmesan cheese - yep, the green shaker type - the hard block for grating is waiting for a more glamorous meal.


This is going to be quick and simple:

Pour enough sauce to cover the bottom of an 8 x 13 pan.
Layer in the ravioli and pour on remaining sauce.
Evenly sprinkle any spices you usually use to 'enhance' jar sauce. (OK, I know that's more than three items but I'm not counting optional ingredients.) No need to mix...I said it was simple!
I used: 
  • Pepper
  • Minced garlic (Tones)
  • Italian Spices (Tones)
  • A bit of brown sugar (it reduces acidity from the tomatoes)





A quick taste, to make sure it's 'top chef' fixin's. Cover with aluminum foil and it's off to a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. And me, I'll just lay down on the living room floor for a quick nap with Molly the Frog!



I'll let you know how it turned out...but if it's like last time, it was DELICIOUS!