Friday, April 22, 2016

Let’s Unite Behind the Exception Babies



Unity, it’s a strong word. One that invokes the power of the like-minded coming together.

As a prolife advocate, this word of unity has a special meaning to me. When the prolife movement becomes compartmentalized it weakens its own stance in the big picture. Once a class of individuals is deemed not as worthy of saving as others, we’ve diminished the entire message of the value of life – each life.

In unity we can conquer the Culture of Death. In division we let open a gap in the door – allowing exceptions. Exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother already exist in many minds. With this way of thinking, we can abandon the 1% of those conceived by rape and still maintain our support for the other 99%.

In essence we are saying that some lives are more worthy of saving than others. A child has no control over whether she was conceived in romance and true love or in the violence of an aggressor against her mother. The child remains, with her mother, as an innocent victim.

If we don’t learn to unify behind all life, the entire prolife movement will suffer. Who will then become the judge or jury who decides worthiness? What will the criteria be? Will it be the accidents of conception? Physical or mental infirmity? Being planned or a surprise?


You see, when unity crumbles, so does strength. United we stand, divided we fall. Let’s unite behind all children!


+   +   +
Here we are again, joining Kate Motaung for Five Minute Friday #fmf

Today's #fmf prompt is 'unity'. Follow the link to check out some truly inspirational entries.