Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sound bites - Sight bites?

We all know what a sound-bite is...a snippet of information that grabs your attention. So what do you call a visual snippet...a sight-bite? Whatever the answer to this query is, that's what I have for you today - in the form of random photos that make me proud. They inspired a feeling in me when the shutter clicked and they evoke emotion every time I view them again.




Some photos call to mind the simple, innocent exuberance of the very young. That was what I
set out to capture on the summer day that I snapped this photo. I love the movement and the pure joy that these kiddos are exhibiting.





This one is pretty obvious as well. There is nothing quite like the bond between mother and child. The vulnerability of the infant and the power to protect and nurture of the mother gives a powerful statement. We were once this small and this dependent but as life goes on, if we chose parenthood, we 'pay it forward' to the next generation whose well-being we hold in our action or inaction. This naked need to be cared for is present for many years but born or unborn, it behooves us to take this responsibility as a solemn commandment from God himself.


Nature...one of the most awesome inspirations of poet and artist alike. In His world, God gives
this sign of His desire to care for and nurture us, His children. Some say that one is never closer to God than when one is in the garden or in the midst of nature. It's difficult to argue with that considering how vast and complex our natural world really is. This is a photo of one of my water lilies that resurfaces every year after a long winter's sleep. When I see these beautiful friends again there is a song in my heart and praise on my lips and the desire to share the beauty!

I'll sign off today by quoting my hero, Benedict XVI, with words by which we can all live!


"If you follow the will of God, you know that in spite of all the terrible things that happen to you, you will never lose a final refuge. You know that the foundation of the world is love, so that even when no human being can or will help you, you may go on, trusting in the One who loves you.'' -Pope Benedict XVI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!