Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Birgit Report: news stories too important (to me) to ignore

At lunch with my friend, Kelly, yesterday I joked that although I post quite a few things on my Facebook wall there are always so MANY more articles that I'd like to post as well. I'm a 'little' bit of an over-achiever sometimes and don't want to wear out my welcome or risk having my feed hidden by friends who simply do not have the same passions that I do. This blog post is a little experiment, then, to see how it would be to post in the style of the Drudge Report.

As someone who 'lurks' on others' blogs I realize that there may be more people reading my posts than I think. To help me with this little experiment and to help me determine whether or not I will continue to do this, would you please either comment or check one of the comments below? Thanks!

Here are my articles for today with just enough to tease you into reading if something catches your eye:

Planned Parenthood: Public Funding of "Human Weed'' Removal? It will shock people from both sides of the debate to know that Margaret Sanger initially opposed abortion.

Bishops Boot 'booty' from Revised Bible Some changes in translation to accommodate English as a 'living' language. I get some of them but some of them are not so great.

Listen up! More and more samples released of new/revised Mass settings being released New compositions for the revised Missal...see what you think.

Truth TV Ireland is battling for life and death right now. This is a terrific video...it's spellbinging. If only abortion doctors would explain it this way, there would be so many less abortions! Bravo!!!


States question Obama citizenship with legislation Georgia is the 11th state to introduce legislation to put in place requirements for verification of citizenship in direct response to the Obama administration's refusal to produce documentation of varying types.

Are AWOL Democrats in danger of recall in Wisconsin? Those pesky lawmakers who ran rather than lose a vote may be in danger of losing their jobs...yeah!

Catholic Seattle University Backs Planned Parenthood Internships Catholic university offers and encourages internships with Planned Parenthood on their website. Scandalous!!! I wrote the following to them:

Greetings,
It is with great sorrow that I write this email to you, Fr. Sundborg. I was shocked and dismayed to read the news that your Catholic institution is cooperating with the culture of death by promoting internships with the nation’s largest chain of abortion providers, Planned Parenthood. Not only has the Catholic Church consistently maintained the grave evil of abortion but She has also spoken out in opposition to giving Scandal to those with whom we interact. It is my humble position that your institution is in grave error. You provide publicity for Planned Parenthood internships in the section for “Public Affairs Student Internships” on the website for Seattle University. Furthermore, students are encouraged to contact the PP career services department for additional information. Conversely there are no internship possibilities listed for pro-life groups or crisis pregnancy centers.

I beg that you prayerfully reconsider this cooperation with the culture of death and return your university to one that is in complete communion with the Catholic Church and all of her teachings.
In His Name for Life,
Birgit Jones
Owensboro, KY

Address your civil comments to:

Fr. Stephen V. Sundborg, SJ
Seattle University, President
901 12th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122-1090
Phone: 206-296-1891

E-mail: SUNDBORG@seattleu.edu

-----------------------------------------------------
As someone who 'lurks' on others' blogs I realize that there may be people reading my posts of whom I am not aware. To help me with this little experiment and to help me determine whether or not I will continue to do this, would you please either comment or check one of the comments below? Thanks!

Good night ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!