|This old desk used to belong to Mama|
- Old desk
- Chalkboard paint
- Painting sponge or brush
- Painter's tape
- Damp rag or tack cloth
- Colorful baskets
|New desk for Simon with nonstick surface - plus supply boxes.|
- Renovate old drawing desk into a new preschool desk.
- Thoroughly clean and lightly sand the dry erase surface of desk
- Using a damp rag or tack cloth, wipe away all residue
|Chalkboard for learning how to draw shapes.|
- Using painter's tape, cover the wood frame
- Apply chalkboard paint 3x, allowing to dry 24 hours in-between
- Use small plastic baskets to accommodate school supplies
The upside? The chalkboard paint provides a slip proof surface for writing. Kids can enjoy hours of drawing or practicing their writing skills. The little plastic baskets hold all of their school supplies - 88 cents at Wal-Mart!
- Soda bottle caps
- Foam stickers
- Wooden dowel rod
- Hot glue gun
- Washable poster paint
- Paint brush
- Paper plate
- Cut the dowel rod into 3" lengths and set aside.
- Attach soda bottle caps to one end of each dowel rod piece with hot glue.
- Place one foam sticker on the top of each soda bottle cap.
Now your littles are ready to play! Squeeze a bit of washable poster paint onto a paper plate. Allow the child to either dip and stamp or to use a paint brush to apply paint to the sticker/stamp. They will be entertained for a good while enjoying their new skill! Have fun!