Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Red Convertible


The young woman in the red convertible is very attractive. She sports long flowing hair and blood red fingernails, tapping to the rhythm of loud rock and roll emitting from her radio. I glance in her direction, not really paying much attention, yet taking note of her exuberant youth and carefree bearing. Ah, another young person, our target in this game of life and death. Wondering how to best reach them and marveling at her lackadaisical life, I look away and continue my thoughts.

Tap, tap, tap – blood red fingernails are making a staccato sound on my closed window. Slightly startled, I look up to see the girl from the convertible looking intently at me. 

2 comments:

  1. So important for us to hear these messages of hope about our youth. I, too, and guilty of thinking negatively and so I thank you for this God-incident, described.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Allison! Although this incident happened over 20 years ago, the memory is still fresh in my mind. Unfortunately I still struggle with the same vice (sigh). Let us pray for each other!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!