Friday, August 3, 2012

The One Where I'm Featured on Catholic Sistas 7 Quick Takes Friday

Catholic Sistas periodically does a blog post called Quick Takes Friday, in an interview type format. As one of their 'Ink Slingers', I was honored to be invited to participate this week. The gist is to choose 7 questions and to write a brief response to them. Here is one of the questions and my answer...
Hope Memorial at Brescia University - dedication.

What volunteer activities are you involved in?

I have been involved with the pro-life movement since Roe vs. Wade was decided while I was in high school. I chose the pro-life side in a current events debate, and my heart simply caught fire for the cause. This passion has taken me many places, from the halls of the capitol to marches and rallies. I have served as an executive director, vice-president, newsletter editor, and board member of several pro-life organizations. Presently, I serve as a member of our diocesan Gospel of Life committee. As a passionate pro-life advocate, I can also be found “freelancing” by initiating rallies. Once I read about a fundraiser for a pro-abortion candidate planned at a local Catholic parish hall. Within four hours, there were more than 60 people assembled, holding pro-life signs, to protest the use of church property. A happy surprise? We were joined by the pastor of the parish in question!

Find the six other questions and answers at 7 Quick Takes Friday, no. 4






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!