Tuesday, December 2, 2014

3 Thoughts About Wearing a Veil - Is Veiling on Your Mind?

The Latin Mass Society of America is once again promoting the wearing of the veil or mantilla on WEAR A VEIL DAY 2014. They have designated this day because it is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Our Blessed Mother Mary. The optional, yet beautifully feminine devotion of wearing a covering is making a resurgence in both Britain and America.

In celebration of this opportunity for other ladies to join those of us who also wear a veil, I thought I'd share three of my favorite blog posts on this topic. Whether you already wear a veil, are discerning veiling, or want to encourage others to cover, here you will find some interesting thoughts and facts about his resurging devotion.

1. The Insistent Whisper Draws Me to Veil



This was my foray into the serene world of veiling. I had been hearing a quiet whisper in my heart for quite some time. A chance encounter with a friend, who offered to allow me to borrow one of her veils, sealed my determination. You can follow the thought process of my daughter and me in Lifting the Veil...Onto My Head.







2. I'm Veiling and Now Others Have Questions


After we had become accustomed to wearing a veil each time we encountered the Eucharistic Christ, I sought to answer questions that had been presented to me. Although the format is simple, many adults have told me that it helped them understand the devotion more completely. In Veiling and You: 5 Things Catholic Boys and Girls Should Know you will find some answers and quite possibly think of a few more. Please feel free to comment in the combox. If I don't have the answer, I'll be honored to find a legitimately Catholic resource for you. I had quite a few questions myself and did copious amounts of research.



3. Covering Doesn't Mean You Automatically Have the Right Mindset


In discussing the devotion of veiling with others, I began to ponder what veiling represented in my interior life. Was practicing the devotion having the desired effect on my soul? Interior Disposition: Why Fix Your Hair, If You're Wearing a Veil? gives some insight into my personal journey and how it has encouraged me to internal piety. Wearing a veil isn't just a random symbol; it's a commitment of soul.







Whether or not you decide to participate in Wear the Veil Day 2014 or to practice the optional devotion from now on, I hope our journey has been helpful. Choosing to veil is a very personal decision - and one that we can walk away from, should it not be for us. The beauty of the veil comes only with the right mindset, devotion, understanding, and desire on the part of each individual lady. I hope never to make someone who doesn't participate feel badly. We are all sisters in Christ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback...I love to know what is on your mind! My comment section is set for moderation and your post will be visible shortly!